Converts MIDI files into music box scores that are ready to print.
- Export the MuseScore file to a MIDI file
- Run the MIDI file through this program.
- Open the resulting SVG in Inkscape
- Print the SVG to PDF (or
inkscape --export-pdf output.pdf input.svg)
- Open the resulting PDF in LibreOffice Draw
- Print to your actual printer - tiling over multiple pages if required.
This somewhat convoluted process prevents anyone from automatically rescaling it along the way.
If the above doesn't work, it's probably LibreOffice Draw scaling it even though you've told it not to. In that case, try this:
# Convert MIDI -> SVG ./MusicBoxConverter.exe --input song.midi --output score.svg # Convert it to png inkscape -e score.png score.svg # Convert the PNG to PDF, rotating by 90 degrees convert score.png -rotate 90 score.pdf # Split the PDF up into multiple pages for the printer # -s1 Don't scale the output # -m Sets the output paper size. Defaults to A4 (21x29.7cm) if unspecified, but may need to reduce by a cm or 2 on each side (as below) if things get cut off. pdfposter -s1 -m 20x28.7cm score.pdf print.pdf